Prep. time : 40 min | serves : 8 slices
- Village Gourmet Focaccia, cut to sandwich size, sliced in half crosswise and toasted
- Bacon, preferably thick sliced, cooked until crisp but not crunchy
- Tomato, sliced
- Fresh baby spinach
- Blue Cheese spread (recipe below)
- Spread both sides of toasted focaccia with blue cheese.
- Layer spinach, tomatoes and bacon on one half of the bread.
- Top with the other half. Enjoy!
To Make Blue Cheese Spread
- 1 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 1 T. mayonnaise
- 1 T. sour cream
- quick squeeze of
- fresh lemon juice
- pinch of onion powder
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Mash the blue cheese with a fork and then stir in all ingredients.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.