Prep. time : 30 min. | serves : 2
- 2 Village Gourmet English muffins, toasted
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 slices Canadian bacon
- 2 empty tuna cans (or similar cans), washed and label removed
- 2 slices less-fat American or cheddar cheese slices
- Freshly ground pepper
- Canola cooking spray
- Coat half of a 9″ or 10″ nonstick frying pan with canola cooking spray and heat over medium heat. In a small bowl, beat the egg with egg substitute with a fork or whisk and set aside.
- Place Canadian bacon in the pan, over the sprayed area.
- Spray the inside of the tuna cans with canola cooking spray, and set on the non-spayed side of the frying pan to start heating.
- When bottom side of the bacon is light brown, flip over and cook other side until light brown.
- Remove bacon from pan and set aside.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the egg mixture into each tuna can.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper to taste.
- When the surface of the egg begins to firm, cut around the inside of the cans with a butter knife to free the edges.
- Turn the eggs over with a cake fork and cook for 1 minute more. Remove eggs from can.
- To assemble each sandwich, layer an English muffin bottom with a slice of cheese, then an egg patty, a piece of Canadian bacon, and the muffin top.