Prep. time : 10 min. | serves : 1
- 1 Village Gourmet Plain or Sesame Seed Bagel
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, cut in small pieces
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped scallions or chives
- 1 tablespoon low-fat or skim milk
- 1 egg, 2 egg whiles
- Salt to taste
- Canola Oil
- Slice off the top quarter of the village Gourmet Plain or Sesame Seed bagel horizontally. set the top aside.
- Carefully scoop out the inside of the remaining bagel with your fingers and set aside the bagel bits, leaving a bagel shell.
- Heat the bagel shell and top in the over; while they are warming, beat the egg with a fork or whisk.
- Finely crumble the bagel bits you scooped out and add in to the egg. Add the cream cheese, milk, pepper, salt and scallions/chives.
- Prepare frying pan with light coating of Canola oil; scramble egg until moist.
- Fill the warmed bagel whell with cooked egg and replace bagel on top.
- You many add your favorite mushrooms, if desired.