Prep. time : 30 min. | serves : 4
- 1/2 lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch spinach, washed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- kitchen string
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 6 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- vegetable oil
- Village Gourmet Mexican Flour Tortillas (medium or large)
- Heat a heavy non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Saute ground meat 4-5 minutes or until brown, drain fat and discard.
- Add garlic and onion and cook 5-7 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Do not brown.
- Stir in tomato until heated through, then add Spinach and cook, stirring until
- Spinach is just wilted.
- Remove from heat. Stir in feta cheese and sour cream and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill warm soft tortillas with approximately 3 tablespoons of mixture and wrap burrito-style, closed at both ends.
- Fill all tortillas and wrap securely by tying each with cotton string.
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- When oil is about 375°F, gently add tortilla wraps (do not overcrowd) and fry 3-4 minutes, or until crunchy and golden brown on all sides.
- Drain on paper towels, cut away string and serve.