Prep. time : 10 min | serves : 2
- 2 Village Gourmet Plain or Sesame Seed Bagels, halved
- 4 poached eggs
- Hollandaise sauce
- 4 slices Monterey Jack
- fresh parsley sprigs for garnish
- Toast the Village Gourmet bagel halves and spread them with margarine.
- Top each bagel half with a poached egg. Place a slice of cheese on each egg.
- Pour on Hollandaise.
To make Hollandaise Sauce
- Heat 1/3 cup margarine until melted and hot. Don’t let it brown.
- Meanwhile, place 2 egg yolds or 1/2 cup egg substitute, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and a dash each of white pepper, onion powder, and salt in a blender and blend well.
- Pour in hot butter or margarine, and blend for a second or two. (Makes 3/4 cup sauce).