Prep. time : 40 min | serves : 8 slices
- 1 Village Gourmet personal pizza crust
- 1 apple, cored and sliced in thin slices
- 4 slices lean bacon, preferably cut from a hand-smoked slab
- 2 T butter
- 3/4 C dry white wine
- 1 medium onion, in thin slices
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella, shredded
- 2 oz Parmigiano Reggiano, shredded
- 6 leaves fresh sage
- 2 T fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- Sauté the bacon for a few minutes on medium low heat, then add the wine and sage, cover and braise on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the bacon to a side plate and cut in pieces.
- Add the butter and apple slices to the pan and sauté over medium low heat, tossing gently with tongs, for about 5 minutes until the apples begin to soften.
- Remove from heat.
- When the dough has finished the second rising, spread the olive oil over the shell and then the onions.
- Bake 10 minutes on the preheated stone in a 450ş oven.
- Add the cheeses and rosemary and then the apple slices.
- Scatter on the bacon.
- Lower the temperature to 400ş and bake another 10 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
- Brush the crust with a little olive oil, scatter on the scallions, slice and serve.