Apple, Bacon and Onion Pizza
Prep. time : 40 min | serves : 8 slices
- 1 Village Gourmet personal pizza crust
- 1 apple, cored and sliced in thin slices
- 4 slices lean bacon, preferably cut from a hand-smoked slab
- 2 T butter
- 3/4 C dry white wine
- 1 medium onion, in thin slices
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella, shredded
- 2 oz Parmigiano Reggiano, shredded
- 6 leaves fresh sage
- 2 T fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
SautÚ the bacon for a few minutes on medium low heat, then add the wine and sage, cover and braise on low heat for about 15 minutes. Remove the bacon to a side plate and cut in pieces. Add the butter and apple slices to the pan and sautÚ over medium low heat, tossing gently with tongs, for about 5 minutes until the apples begin to soften. Remove from heat.
When the dough has finished the second rising, spread the olive oil over the shell and then the onions. Bake 10 minutes on the preheated stone in a 450║ oven. Add the cheeses and rosemary and then the apple slices. Scatter on the bacon. Lower the temperature to 400║ and bake another 10 minutes, until the crust is golden brown. Brush the crust with a little olive oil, scatter on the scallions, slice and serve.