Prep. time : 10 min. | serves : 1
- 1 Village Gourmet Plain or Sesame Seed Bagel
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, cut in small pieces
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped scallions or chives
- 1 tablespoon low-fat or skim milk
- 1 egg, 2 egg whiles
- Salt to taste
- Canola Oil
Slice off the top quarter of the village Gourmet Plain or Sesame Seed bagel horizontally. set the top aside. Carefully scoop out the inside of the remaining bagel with your fingers and set aside the bagel bits, leaving a bagel shell. Heat the bagel shell and top in the over; while they are warming, beat the egg with a fork or whisk. Finely crumble the bagel bits you scooped out and add in to the egg. Add the cream cheese, milk, pepper, salt and scallions/chives.
Prepare frying pan with light coating of Canola oil; scramble egg until moist. Fill the warmed bagel whell with cooked egg and replace bagel on top. You many add your favorite mushrooms, if desired.